“The World Traveler’s Book Of Quizzes”
by James A. Clapp
Test your travel memories and observations with this collection of informative and curious quizzes. Over 300 matching questions are supplemented by essays about travel that have been derived from nearly four decades of travel guiding and visiting more than seventy … (Read More)
- Sydney-Hong: Sydney, Cairns, Guam, Osaka, Hiroshima, Inchon, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Feb-May 2013.
- Rome-Singapore: Rome, Sorrento; Kusadasi; Port Said, Safaga-Hurtada, Sharm El Sheik, Egypt; Aqaba, Petra, Jordan; Dubai, Oman, U.A.E; Mumbai, Cochin, India, Singapore, Hong Kong. Oct-Dec 2011.
- Amazonia: Devil's Island, French Guiana, Belem, Santarem, Parintins, Manaus, Brazil, February 4
(as Escorting Professor and/or Tour Manager)
- Cities of China : Shanghai, Beijing, Xian, Chongqing, Wuhan, Guilin, Hong Kong, Macau. June-July, 2001
- Cities of Greece: Classical and Contemporary: Athens, Delphi, Corfu, Nauplion, Olympos, Mykonos, Rhodos, Mycenae, June 1999
- The Route of the Romans: Roman Urbanization in Western Europe. Rome,Pompeii, Florence,
- “Bumper to Bumper Blues,” KPBS-TV, Full Focus, 30-minute produced feature, aired July 26, 2000
- Interviewee, 15-minute segment of “Hong Kong Today,” Radio 3, Hong Kong Radio and Television, live Program on the city and the cinema, aired February 1, 2000.
- (Co-interviewee) one-hour call in program on San Diego Airport
- “Celluloid Traveler,” 2.5 min., The Savvy Traveler, Public Radio International, Aug. 22, 1997
- “Death in the Afternoon,” 26-min documentary, aired on Metropolitan Journal, KPBS-FM, February 1, 1992
- “A Matter of Form,” 25-min documentary, aired Metropolitan Journal, KPBS-FM, February 1, 1992
- “Orchid or Onion for the Architecture Awards?”
- “Who Plans the Architects?” 24-min. interview with UCSD School of Architecture Dean, Adele Santos, Metropolitan Journal, October 31, 1991
- “Who Owns San Diego Now?” 24-min. Interview with Real Estate counselor Gary London Metropolitan Journal, Oct. 24, 1991
- “Picking Orchids and Onions,” 24-min interview with architect Jennifer Luce, Metropolitan Journal,
- “The Persian Gulf Crisis,” 25-minute interview with National Public Radio Correspondent, Daniel Schorr, aired on KPBS-FM, September 22, 1990
- “Alternative Airport Proposals for San Diego,” 2-part interview with Jack Koerper of SANDAG, Adm. Ray Burke of S.D. Port Authority, and Ann Jackson of Peninsula Planning Association, 18-minutes, KPBS-FM,